29 October 2007

Movie/TV Update

I had a post earlier this year listing all the movies I wanted to see this summer.

I watched 4. One was great (Ratatouille); one was good (IMAX Night at the Museum), one was mediocre (IMAX Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix); and one was dreadful (Transformers). They're pretty much all out of the theatres by now...some have even made it to DVD already.

I've noticed that since I've gotten a DVR, my movie/DVD watching has gone down the toilet. I've still got months-worth of DVDs to watch sitting on shelves downstairs, but it's just too easy to click on that as-yet-unwatched episode of Doctor Who. TV isn't even all that good anymore. The only shows I watch are The Office, Scrubs, Pushing Daisies (still taking that one for a spin), The Amazing Race (starting next weekend), and Iron Chef America (when it's new). There are a few short-season shows (less than 22 episodes a season) that I enjoy, but they're all on hiatus now: Doctor Who, Monk, Psych, Eureka, and Battlestar Galactica. Even with that limited list, I've got 10 or so hours of backlogged TV on the DVR at any one time. Who's got time for DVDs?

As for movies...I've learned that I just hate the people who attend movies. I hate cell phones. I hate text-messaging. I hate talking. I've got 4 movie passes left at home. I'll be using two to see The Darjeeling Limited for my birthday this weekend. I'm not sure when I'll get around to using the other two.

And I don't really mind.

Movies from the last year or so, and upcoming this fall/winter, that I'd like to see at some point, but it wouldn't kill me if I missed most of them:

1. The Darjeeling Limited
2. Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End
3. The Bourne Ultimatum
4. Idiocracy
5. Children of Men
6. The Departed
7. The Golden Compass
8. Stardust
9. Invincible
10. Pan's Labyrinth
11. Hot Fuzz
12. Crank
13. National Treasure II
14. Live Free or Die Hard
15. Spider-Man 3
16. The Simpsons Movie
17. The Prestige
18. The Fountain
19. Gone Baby Gone
20. King of California
21. The Savages
22. Michael Clayton (I'm not even sure if this belongs on the list...)

I suppose I'll keep updating this, as time goes on.

I'd also like to eventually watch Deadwood, Weeds, Carnivale, Dexter, and Entourage.

While I'm at it, I'd like to somehow get insanely rich and thin.

No comments: