I know you've all been waiting for this, so I'm not going to keep you in suspense any longer. After an exhaustive review of my music collection from the last 9 years and 50 weeks, these are the top 10 albums released during the Aughts:
1. Dandy Warhols - thirteen tales from urban bohemia (2000)
2. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002)
3. Lily Allen - Alright, Still (2006)
4. Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (2002)
5. Fountains of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers (2003)
6. Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better (2005)
7. Robbie Williams - Sing When You're Winning (2000)
8. Jude - King of Yesterday (2001)
9. Jon Brion - Meaningless (2001)
10. Ben Kweller - Sha Sha (2002)
Honorable Mention: Sufjan Stevens - Illinois (2005) is a weird and wonderful album that I could listen to over and over, but it's not exactly BOTA material.
Next up: The Top 10 Movies of the '00s!