I saw a lot of movies over the last 10 years. That number has declined considerably since my son was born, but I still manage to see most things worth seeing (although there are a few inexplicable outliers like The Departed that have slipped through the cracks).
After several weeks of careful consideration, these are the top 10 movies of the Aughts:
1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (2001-2003)
2. Cidade de Deus (City of God) (2003)
3. WALL·E (2008)
4. The Incredibles (2004)
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003)
6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
7. Hot Fuzz (2007)
8. Nueve Reinas (Nine Queens) (2002)
9. The Dish (2000)
10. Two Family House (2000)
Honorable Mention: District 9 (2009) completely blew me away, but it'll take a few years before I know whether or not the mark is indelible.