19 January 2006

MOC Bloggin': Day 3

I've got a good feeling for today. Maybe it's my
freshly-laundered New Horizons polo (of course, in my
laundry-doing zeal I managed to wash and dry a few
items in Barbie's wardrobe that shouldn't go into the
dryer...but whose fault is that, really?)

Also, it's mom and dad's last day down at KSC, so I'd
like them to see a good show.

Turns out my aunt, who also was there on day one, and
share the same last name as New Horizon's Principal
Investigator, was mistaken for a relative of his
(probably not a stretch, as we Jews are about as
genetically diverse as British royalty) and was
offered a VVIP pass to attend the launch with Tom
Hanks and Jeb Bush. She turned it down, as she wanted
to be with the rest of the family there. Can't say
I'd've done the same thing.

Won't be much blogging today, as our internal network
is being hammered by outside folks visiting the NH
website (http://pluto.jhuapl.edu) and we've been asked
to keep the internet access down.

Go to spaceflightnow.com for regular updates. Come
here for irregular ones.

For now...weather is good, power is on, and shirt is
clean.

Let's roll.

-S

No comments: