06 February 2006

Bleeding Black and Gold

What I really liked, apart from the reverse flea flicker, were the championship Steelers caps. Monochrome, with a color "Steelers" circle logo. Very sharp.

What I didn't like: the game. Fairly dull, mistake-laden affair.

What I love: Former XFL and UCLA star Tommy Maddox now has a Super Bowl ring. Duce Staley, too. Gotta pull for those former Eagles. Perhaps the 'Hawks should've kept Bobby Taylor, hmmm?

I'm not saying Marino would trade his career for Touchdown Tommy's, but I' d bet he'd consider it.

The Eagles will be back next year, hopefully with another starting WR and a reworked O-Line. The Super Bowl's in Miami, so at least I can stay with my brother.

Last Word: There were two disgruntled WRs at the beginning of the season: Hines Ward and Terrell Owens. Ward held out a few days, then showed up at camp, as he didn't feel right not being there. Owens showed up and was such a disruption they sent him home. Ward got a new contract, a Super Bowl ring, and a Super Bowl MVP trophy. Owens got the second half of the season to work on his fadeaway jumper and may have cost himself a spot in the Hall of Fame.

F.U.T.O.

No comments: