15 November 2005

Week 10: 5 Wins on a Broken Wing

It was a bonafide boffo week for all 5 of my fantasy squads...first time that's happened this season. Unfortunately, it came at the expense of an extraordinarily painful loss for my Eagles at the hands of the hated Cowboys. Basically it came down to a horrendous mistake by McNabb. The same McNabb that was going against my undefeated Phalanx. The same McNabb that was beating my Phalanx by 0.13 points until that interception. I suppose it's better to at least win one of the two, but all things considered, I'd rather go 0-5 and see my Eagles be in contention.

I'm guessing this year will be for the Eagles what 2002 was to the Pats...a retooling year with moderate success. Next year all the key players (excepting TO) will be back, along with a bumper crop of draft pics and a healed McNabb. It's probably for the best, who the hell wants to go to Detroit in February?

Anyhoo, on with the show!

AnyGivenSunday: Philly Phalanx (10-0) harpooned Vancouver Mad Orcas 81-78
UIUCAAL: Philly Phizz (9-1) exorcised Belichik is Satan 60-48
WFL: The Senators (7-3)
roasted The Benchwarmers 68-64
WFL Bonus: The Conservatives limbaughed Barbie's Bruins (4-5) 89-60
NLFFL:
Philly Phrenzy (6-4) fletched the Presidio Rangers 90-75
asdf: Olney Ocelots (3-7)
rang up Item #40156 83-70

I'm really enjoying being undefeated. I'm also enjoying seeing my Ocelots climb out of the cellar...they're now #7 out of 10! Trent Green, Kelly Holcomb, and Reggie Brown almost were my undoing this week, but somehow I managed to squeak out my victories. Now no more bye weeks, we're all at full strength until the Superbowls! Let's get it on!

1 comment:

dl004d said...

Sigh. The Orange Fanta has fallen into the last-place tie with you. It doesn't look good for the Fanta.