28 October 2008

Tribute to Ticket to Ride

Those who know me know I'm a huge fan of the various flavors of the Ticket to Ride board game. Pretty much since the game came out there have been folks putting together alternate maps for home play. Well, Jens Tønnesen has gone above and beyond the call of duty not only by cataloging what's out there in a clear and intuitive interface, but by designing some wonderful, professional-quality maps himself. His map of Asia and the London Underground look good enough to be licensed by the makers of the game.

Now I've just got to figure out how to print them out.

Oh, and if you've never played before, here is a list of the various flavors from my most to least favorite.

1. TTR: USA 1910 Mega Game (this is a must-have expansion to TTR: USA)
2. TTR: Europe
3. TTR: Nordic Countries
4. TTR: Switzerland
5: TTR: Märklin
6. TTR: USA

I've not tried TTR: Card Game, TTR: Mystery Train Expansion, or TTR: Dice Expansion yet, but I will. Oh yes, I will. I expect only the card game will be worth the purchase price.

Now go shopping.

No comments: