06 May 2009

May 2009 Movies

How about that? I finally saw a damned movie! Star Trek on the IMAX in Century City, which, to be honest, is an IMAX in technology only, not scale. Frankly, if the screen isn't 5 stories tall, it shouldn't be able to call itself a true IMAX. Anyone know of a list of IMAXes with truly giant screens?

By the way, Star Trek was awesome.

It's been awhile since I last posted my list of movies on my list to see. Thought I'd give it a whirl.

Here's my top 15 or so movies to see right now, some still unreleased, some increasingly ancient. The starred ones I've got on DVD or Blu Ray yet still haven't found the time to watch. A few movies have dropped of the list from last time just because I don't much care about them anymore.

1. Inglorious Basterds
2. Up
3. Moon
4. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince IMAX
5. The Fall*
6. Quantum of Solace*
7. Children of Men
8. In Bruges
9. Night at the Museum 2 IMAX
10. The Brothers Bloom
11. Coraline
12. Terminator: Salvation
13. Public Enemies
14. Funny People

No comments: