04 August 2005

Cut, cut, and cut some more

Lil' Benjamin lost his foreskin today. I can't say the little munchkin had his best day, but he performed well as can be expected under the circumstances.

Good crowd, probably around 70 people. Great food from Brent's Deli in Northridge. Had my signature corned beef, pastrami, tongue, cole slaw, russian dressing, and deli mustard on rye.

Two of 'em.

Caught the first episode of Wanted with the great Gary Cole tonight. I think he tries a bit too hard to be a reckless bad ass (excepting, of course, for his stints on The West Wing, in Office Space, and as Mike Brady), but he's always entertaining. I doubt this'll crack the shows I intend to watch, but should I happen to catch it...

Less glowing reviews for the new FX comedies, Starved and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Neither are particularly worth 30 minutes of anyone's time. Basically just network-caliber comedies with a bit 'o cussing and bare asses.

Is the sitcom dead? Not while Scrubs still lives. But, let's be honest, that's a dramedy at best. A damned good one, though.

No comments: