03 August 2005

First Fantasy Draft

Well my first fantasy draft is over. This league is with some of my LA peeps, run by His Bald Jewness, Dave Horowitz.

This is a 14-man roster league with 18 teams. Draft was done by autopick...I put in my top 115 players and this is what I ended up with.

Starting lineup is unusual too: 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, and 1 DEF.

This 10-man lineup leaves only 4 bench positions. I had the 6th pick, and I'll include draft round parentheses. Here's my lineup now:

Philadelphia Phalanx
QB Steve McNair (7)
WR1 Hines Ward (2)
WR2 Reggie Wayne (3)
RB1 Edgerrin James (1)
RB2 Warrick Dunn (4)
TE L.J. Smith (8)
WR/TE Jimmy Smith (5)
WR/RB Marcus Robinson (6)
PK Phil Dawson (9)
DEF Detroit (10)
Bench Travis Henry (11)
Bench Stephen Davis (12)
Bench Broncos (13)
Bench Dwayne Carswell (14)

I think McNair was a steal in the 7th round. I didn't have Phil Dawson or Detroit on my list, the autopick just threw them at me, but I don't mind because their early bye weeks are nice in a league with such a short bench. Carswell and Denver weren't on my list either, of course.

I've already put in a waiver claim for Billy Volek, dropping Carswell. Tennessee has the last bye week (week 10 or 11), so I'll be fine until then with no other-team backup so long as I land Volek, which I should.

Any thoughts? Given the number of teams in this league, I'm pretty happy with my roster.

Update: I got Volek!

No comments: