29 August 2005

Long weekend

I spent the weekend up in Boston for the John Belanger Bachelor Party. It won't go down in history as a evening of sin and debauchery, but we had a good time. We started out F1 Cart racing at F1Boston, followed by the prettiest 18 holes of golf I've played since Pukalani at Granite Links. Then an evening of beer and seared meat at Rock Bottom Brewery. Then we came back to John's and his fiancee Kat had made brownies. Party on. She made blueberry pancakes for us the next morning, too. John's found himself a good woman.

Took the train back, for various reasons. Barbie was in New York visiting her friend Becca and going to see Sweet Charity (w/Christina Applegate) and Glengarry Glen Ross (with Liev Schrieber, Alan Alda, Jeffrey Tambor, etc). It was the last performance of GGGR. I was quite jealous. Not so much regarding SC. I still want to see Spamalot, Wicked, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Avenue Q, and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I supposed I'll manage somehow.

The train is such a nice way to travel. I wish it were a bit cheaper, but still you don't get wasted like you do flying. Also, nowhere near the level of useless security. I've already ranted about the useless TSA, though.

All in all, a good weekend for the Bushmans. Of course, I still have some gardening to do...

No comments: